Friday, February 28, 2014

Lettuce


I don't even remember what happened today. It rained. I put out the wrong bins. I paid the rent and washed the dishes and picked the bones out of a tin of pink salmon. I had a bath and fell asleep on the sofa and found the right screw to put a hook with an enamel X on it on the back of the bathroom door which I bought it at Anthropologie in San Francisco in 2009. The hook, not the door. I found it in a box.

There is a lot of finding things in boxes lately.

And now I am sleepy, in spite of the sofa-napping, sleepy in that way that doesn't seem to track anything about how tired you are, because long-forgotten things in boxes, toothy paper, a single piece of Lego and a business card from a job you had in another life. Lettuce and the flopsy bunnies.
It is said that the effect of eating too much lettuce is 'soporific'. I have never felt sleepy after eating lettuces; but then I am not a rabbit.

No comments: