The theme of my life at the moment is the contrast between broken and working. These words are so lightly layered with millions of things, like puff pastry. Broken, not working. Broken, in pieces. Broken, ended. Broken, incomplete. Working, functional. Working, doing what it should. Working, doing one's work. Working, making something. Working, like what your mouth does when you don't want to cry.
2. The LAN. Apparently my institution's network is being insidiously destroyed by a piss-ant little utility called Dell Network Manager. Curse you, Dell-owning co-workers! Get a real computer! (See below).
3. The window above my desk. Yo. Can't see a damn thing. Stop letting so much of the EMR in the visible range through, 'kay?
4. My collection of Wedgwood Persephone by Ravilious. Dude, no matter how many times I rearrange them, the display just isn't working. I need a proper cabinet. Or like, a cottage in the countryside with a nook in the whitewashed corner of the kitchen. That would also work.
Five Things Working Beautifully in My House
1. My MacBook Pro 15" running OSX Tiger, and the genius cocoa-based TeXShop with BibDesk. Attention, universe. Do not mess with this part.
3. My new Sennheiser PX100 foldable headphones. Bass response to make your pelvic floor thrum harmonically. Comes with added satisfaction of flinging your piece-of-shit white iPod earbuds into the void where they belong.